Menu
Members of the original cast of ONCE ON THIS ISLAND sing "Why We Tell The Story" with lyricist Lynn Ahrens at the 2013 Playwrights Horizons Gala.

Members of the original cast of ONCE ON THIS ISLAND sing "Why We Tell The Story" with lyricist Lynn Ahrens at the 2013 Playwrights Horizons Gala.

Mary Testa, Kristine Nielsen, Robert Kane, Gala Board Chair Stefanie Kane, and Michael McCullough at the 2013 Playwrights Horizons Gala.

Mary Testa, Kristine Nielsen, Robert Kane, Gala Board Chair Stefanie Kane, and Michael McCullough at the 2013 Playwrights Horizons Gala.

Karen Adler, Andrea Frierson, Gala Patron Chair Alyson Adler, and Ed Adler.

Karen Adler, Andrea Frierson, Gala Patron Chair Alyson Adler, and Ed Adler.

Director Anne Kauffman with Patrons Jody Falco and Jeffrey Steinman.

Director Anne Kauffman with Patrons Jody Falco and Jeffrey Steinman.

Support Us

Patron Program

Partner. Advocate. Ambassador.

Gifts at every level support Playwrights Horizons’ mission to foster, develop and produce the work of new American playwrights and musical theater artists. 

When you support us with a contribution of $1,500 or more you join a group of dedicated partners that engage with the organization, get an insider’s view of how we develop and produce new work, and understand the need for and the impact of their philanthropy. Tickets sales and other earned revenue cover only approximately 60% of Playwrights Horizons’ annual expenses, with the remaining 40% covered by donations. Our community of contributors provides the support that is vital to our stability.

You’ll have the opportunity to see your gift at work in rehearsals, at private play readings, and an opening night or at an intimate dinner party with the playwright and the director.  Patrons have opportunities to meet the creative staff and actors, as well as members of the Playwrights Horizons’ Board of Trustees who are dedicated to our work and future.

Members of the Patron Program are our leading advocates and ambassadors.  It’s a rich relationship – for us and for you.  At Playwrights Horizions, our Patrons are part of a true family of donors.

When you become a member of the Patron Program, you will have the following benefits. For additional information, please contact Beth Nathanson, Director of Development, at (212) 564-1235 x3140 or by email at bnathanson@PHnyc.org.

With gifts of $1,500 or more, all but $550 is tax-deductible. Contributions of $1,500 and above are fully tax-deductible, if  all benefits are declined by the donor. Gifts under $1,500 are fully tax-deductible. 

Scroll down for donor benefits at the FRIENDS and DONORS levels.


Corporate matching gifts

Do you participate in your company’s Matching Gift Program?  Numerous companies provide matches to donations made by their employees. See a list of companies that will match your gifts.


Stay informed about all of NYC’s Cultural Offerings: Renew by May 1 and receive a FREE one-year subscription to Time Out New York OR a one-year extension of your current magazine subscription!

levels of giving
leader $10,000 and above

All Patron, Sustaining Patron, and Benefactor-level benefits (see below) plus:

Benefactor $5,000 – $9,999

All Patron and Sustaining Patron-level benefits (see below) plus:

Sustaining Patron $2,500 – $4,999

All Patron-level benefits (see below):

Patron $1,500 – $2,499

Donor $500 – 1,499

All Friend-level benefits (see below) plus:

Friend $100 – $499

Benefits current as of February 5, 2014.

Gala photo by Lyn Hughes. Additional photo by Jeff Prout.

You might also be interested in...