Playwrights Horizons, an award winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate to work with the Artistic Director and Managing Director in a variety of capacities.
Basic Job Function
The job requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, strong writing ability and the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, outside vendors and the Board of Trustees. Sensitivity to confidential materials is required. Major areas of responsibility include assisting the Managing Director and Artistic Director, serving as the Board Liaison, and helping to manage the Fellowship program. A strong candidate will have an interest in understanding institutional management.
Assisting the Managing Director includes:
- Organize and maintain files and records
- Schedule and organize all Board meetings and Board Committee meetings
- Schedule and organize full Staff events and meetings
- Take Minutes at all Board meetings and Board Committee meetings
- Draft letters and other correspondence
- Assist the Managing Director with scheduling and appointments
Assisting the Artistic Director includes:
- Assist the Artistic Director with scheduling appointments
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Book travel and theater tickets
- Create and manage artistic administration budget
- Serve as liaison between guest artists and marketing and development departments
- Facilitate other projects for Artistic Director as needed
Fellowship Program responsibilities include:
- Create and manage the fellowship program budget
- Manage the annual application process including updating website
Salary $40,000 with excellent benefits. Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer, and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.