BASIC JOB FUNCTION
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Business Associate supports the Accounting team with data entry, Accounts Payable cycle, Accounts Receivable, journal entries, and reconciliations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter Accounts Payable entries into accounting software
- Review invoices/check requests to ensure proper approvals, W9s, 1099 and accurate pricing
- Sort and distribute Accounts Payable checks
- File Accounts Payable and Journal Entries
- Reconcile Corporate Business accounts, Credit Card accounts, and Petty Cash banks
- Reconcile Accounts Payable recurring vouchers and update tracker
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures to streamline accounting functions
- Assist staff and vendors with inquiries and reports
- Maintain and resolve monthly uncashed checks tracker and postage allocation
- Prepare box office settlements as needed
- Prepare Daily / weekly Account Receivable, Bank deposits & reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit
- Help with ad hoc projects as necessary
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience, within an arts organization or other not-for-profit environments. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business a plus.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles required.
- Experience with Financial Edge accounting software.
- Proficient in Excel and familiar with other Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and vendor management skills – Ability to meet deadlines – Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment – Strong organization skills – Self-starter-Team player.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.
Salary Range: Low to Mid $40s
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Business Associate" in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer, and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.