Business Manager – Playwrights Downtown
Playwrights Horizons, is a 48 year-old award winning off-Broadway theater company that includes a Theater School that operates in conjunction with NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, and a space rental business. The Theater School trains nearly 200 students each year in a four-year program, and the Rehearsal Studios rents rehearsal rooms and theater space to a broad cross-section of the not-for-profit arts community. Playwrights Horizons Theater develops and produces the new work of emerging and established American playwrights and musical theater artists. It is one of the most respected theaters in the country, and has been honored with 6 Pulitzer Prizes, Tony Awards and numerous other honors.
Director of the Playwrights Horizons Theater School
Basic Job Function
Provides financial oversight for both the Playwrights Horizons Theater School and Rehearsal Studios. Works closely with the Playwrights’ Controller and Managing Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget creation, tracking and forecasting for both programs
- Trend analysis
- Database management and bookkeeping related to Rehearsal Studios rental operations
- Preparation of weekly Payroll reports
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Client relations (on financial matters only)
- Manage petty cash
Prepare bank deposits
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Experience working for a non-profit and/or educational institution preferred
- Database experience required
- Knowledge of Ungerboeck helpful
- Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills
Salary & Benefits
- $50,000-$55,000 a year
- Generous paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending plan; and 403b with employer match after one year of service.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Business Manager-PHTS in the subject line.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer, and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.