Playwrights Horizons is an award winning off-Broadway writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new work.
Playwrights Horizons seeks a candidate who will provide development administrative support for a dynamic seven-member fundraising team, raising $4 million annually. The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support across all Development Department activities, including donor outreach and benefit fulfillment. The ideal candidate will be detail-orientated and comfortable with interacting with donors, board members, artists and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain and update foundation, corporation, and individual donor files including tracking interactions, address changes, unsubscribes and recording donor information
- Track and report on all fundraising expenses by entering and maintaining database and reconciling database with the accounting database
- Serve as primary ticket booker for patrons and other high-level donors
- Track donor benefit fulfillment, including delivery and communication of benefits and recognition in programs and lobby signage.
- Prepare, organize, and mail digital and paper correspondence to donors, including solicitations, acknowledgements, pledge reminders, event invitations, and newsletters, ensuring that all are accurate and sent in a timely manner
- Maintain online giving pages and donation portal, ensuring that the designs adhere to branding requirements, the content is timely, and any page links are accurate and operational.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for frontline fundraisers and prospects/board members/committees
- Work with Development Department to support gala and event coordination, including list pulling and response tracking
- Utilize the fundraising database and research software to gather information on prospective donors and prepare profiles for the frontline fundraisers
- Attend Departmental events and check-in attendees
- Perform related duties, as required, including:
- Basic graphic and website design projects
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Provide support for special event and special projects
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Database experience; Raisers Edge strongly preferred
- Writing, editing, and basic design skills
- Able to work nights and very occasionally on weekends
Competitive salary. Excellent benefits including opportunities for professional development.
Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new work.
At Playwrights Horizons we believe that a broad spectrum of voices enriches the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to equitable and inclusive practices. The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and people with disabilities.
The facilities at Playwrights Horizons are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Development Assistant in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Posted as of January 7, 2020.