Digital Content Producer
Playwrights Horizons, the Pulitzer Prize-winning company, is the recipient of a transformative, multi-year grant to create new digital content that a) forges new opportunities for our playwrights to create theatrical work that is native to the digital realm and b) provides our ever-growing audience (both in our theaters and beyond) with new perspectives and tools to engage with our work. Balancing big-picture thinking with the intricacies of daily logistics, this new, full-time position will support the successful implementation and evolutions of this program, working directly with marketing and artistic staff, as well as our community of artists.
Digital Content Producer
Director of Marketing / Associate Artistic Director
BASIC JOB FUNCTION
Manage and produce myriad content types across the company’s various digital channels; utilizing a range of technology platforms, serve as the company’s online storyteller
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance from the marketing and artistic departments, produce, curate, and manage execution of new digital content with an eye to further the art form, enhance our audience’s interaction with our work, and further grow the theater’s engaged online audience;
- Manage execution of a variety of digital content, including live streams, documentary-style videos, podcasts, audio plays, virtual reality projects, and others;
- Regularly interface with artists to monitor multiple generative projects and provide institutional support as needed;
- Coordinate the content calendar for the capture, edit, and delivery of select digital collateral for productions and other institutional efforts as directed (and in close consultation with other staff);
- Establish and continuously measure key performance indicators, set goals for digital performance, and optimize content and dissemination toward those goals;
- Serve as main liaison with various vendors – consultants, agencies, videographers, etc. – to ensure successful launch and continuous optimization of new programs;
- Ensure on-time and streamlined delivery of relevant materials and enhanced depth of reporting;
- Cultivate cross-departmental familiarity and support for Playwrights Horizons’ efforts in the digital space;
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the digital space, both for the performing arts industry and beyond, sharing best practices and industry trends, and providing expertise around production and post-production practices;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Key Characteristics
An outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, creativity, and tech savvy are essential. Deep experience with video, podcast, and digital media production are essential, as is knowledge of social media channels, Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and Facebook Insights. Familiarity with DSLR videography and editing (Adobe Premiere or similar) and Adobe Creative Suite preferred; knowledge of virtual reality technology and project management tools a plus. Passion for theater, and a working knowledge of the contemporary theater landscape – new works in particular – is an absolute must.
- Have 3-5 years of prior experience in digital communications/social media content creation;
- Be a highly creative and strategic thinker with a track-record producing engaging digital content and working with artists;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of technological acumen with a range of tools and formats, and a keen interest in learning new ones as this program develops;
- Possess a facility with data and quantitative analysis in order to facilitate documentation and evaluation of ongoing efforts;
- Have a strong capacity for managing people, competitive deadlines, and knowing when to delegate;
- Possess a keen editorial eye, as well as exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to talk about artistic work with artists, staff, and audience members, building a case for its relevance and effectively positioning it as a platform for dialogue;
- Have experience utilizing digital tools to connect people and spark conversation;
- Thrive in a job that demands deep collaboration and consensus building among multiple constituencies for success;
- Exhibit a creative, collegial, and collaborative work style and a close attention to detail.
- Be equally passionate about new theatrical work, digital technology, and the potential intersections of the two.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
To apply, please email your resume, work samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Digital Content Producer" in the subject line. No mail, faxes, or phone calls.
Posted as of October 12, 2017.