Graphics & Digital Content Associate
Do you have a passion for design, innovation, marketing, and storytelling? Do you want to use your skills to support the efforts of a renowned Off-Broadway theater, and help steer the future course of the artform? Then this is the job for you. We want creators with natural talent and a keen interest in translating artistic messages into visuals, campaigns, digital/social media ads and other creative projects.
Playwrights Horizons, an award-winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate to become an integral member of an 8-person marketing department. Playwrights Horizons develops and produces the new work of emerging and established American playwrights and musical theater artists. It is one of the most respected theaters in the country, and has been honored with 6 Pulitzer Prizes, Tony Awards and numerous other honors.
Graphics & Digital Content Associate
Assistant Director of Marketing
BASIC JOB FUNCTION
Maintain and grow the brand identity of Playwrights Horizons across all multimedia channels (including print and digital media), all in support of promoting six to eight season productions, subsidiary brands (including Playwrights Downtown and Ticket Central), and the institution overall.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design institutional collateral across many channels, including print, outdoor, email marketing, social media, and digital;
- Maintain brand standards across the organization, in collaboration with peer departments and external consultants, designers, and photographers;
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Marketing and Director of Marketing to develop strategy and produce graphics and content for use across various platforms; assist on other projects as needed and as assigned;
- Execute design for email marketing for proprietary mailing list and external vendors;
- Photograph, organize, and retouch photos for events;
- Manage traffic and on-time delivery for all projects while balancing multiple competing deadlines;
- Support and collaborate with all departments in the organization in all their endeavors;
- Attend performances, meetings, and other company functions as assigned.
- 1–3 years graphic design experience, preferably within an arts organization, advertising firm, or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above, plus experience working in a creative environment
- Proficiency with Adobe applications Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom; familiarity with AfterEffects; experience with Premiere a plus
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS email design
- Experience with photography required; experience with DSLR videography a plus
- Love of the performing arts is a must!
SKILLS AND KEY CHARACTERISTICS
The successful candidate will be ready to brainstorm creative ideas on design and execution. You are passionate about innovation and the performing arts, and are looking for an exciting opportunity for growth with a high-achieving team in a fast-paced, not-for-profit environment. You love to collaborate with artists and administrators alike, and know how to interpret all types of abstract ideas, communicate them across team members and departments, and execute with excellence. You are orderly and organized, and eager to maintain and create brand guidelines, but know when and how to break out of it. You pay keen attention to typography and alignment at every turn. You can receive direction and run with it, and think of critiques as learning opportunities and feedback as problem-solving challenges. You thrive in a team setting, and are well-versed in multitasking and prioritization. You excel in a lively working environment — when deadlines move or objectives change, and you can remain adaptable and offer suggestions for optimization and efficiency.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is mid 40s.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403 (b) with employer match after one year of service
- Generous paid time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
To apply, submit resume, cover letter, portfolio or work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Graphics & Digital Content Associate" in the subject line.