Individual Giving Associate
Playwrights Horizons seeks a candidate who will be an integral member of a seven-person development office. Reporting to the Individual Giving Manager, the Individual Giving Associate will focus on annual fund activities as part of a larger departmental team, raising funds through a variety of different efforts.
- In coordination with Individual Giving Manager, develop and execute Annual Fund plan including digital and direct mail renewal, acquisition campaigns, and monthly giving including full campaign analysis
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a personal portfolio of prospects with the potential to give under $1,000 annually and identified Young Members
- Work to identify annual fund donors with additional capacity and work with the Individual Giving Manager and Development Director to move these donors through the cultivation pipeline
- Serve as lead on annual fall and spring online auction, including the procurement of auction items and coordination with online auction vendor
- Serve as Department lead on show correspondence and bulletins
- Serve as backup on donor ticketing needs
- Able to work nights and very occasionally on weekends
- Two to four years of development experience, including front line solicitations and fundraising strategy development or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated success soliciting gifts, as well as cultivating and stewarding strong relationships with donors and prospects.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a fine-tuned attention to detail who can work independently and with a team, and quickly adapt multiple projects as necessary in a fast-paced setting.
- Understanding of Playwrights Horizons’ mission and the ability to be an effective spokesperson.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in monitoring and forecasting of budgetary needs.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database expertise and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google G-Suite.
Competitive salary. Excellent benefits including opportunities for professional development.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Individual Giving Associate in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
At Playwrights Horizons, we believe that a broad spectrum of voices enriches the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to equitable and inclusive practices. The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and people with disabilities.
The facilities at Playwrights Horizons are fully accessible and ADA compliant.