Playwrights Horizons, an award-winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate to work to produce/edit content. Playwrights Horizons develops and produces the new work of emerging and established American playwrights and musical theater artists. It is one of the most respected theaters in the country, and has been honored with 6 Pulitzer Prizes, Tony Awards and numerous other honors.
Digital Content Producer
BASIC JOB FUNCTION
Shoot, edit, and produce video and audio content that tells compelling stories and engages the Playwrights Horizons’ digital audience. An opportunity to secure a steady portfolio of creative and challenging work while leaving time for other freelance projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the Digital Content Producer to assist in producing video, audio, photo/graphic, animated, and additional branded digital native content;
- Assist/lead selected projects through any/all phases of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery;
- Capture original content as needed, covering events, capturing behind-the-scenes material, producing interviews, etc.;
- Edit video/audio;
- Create custom animations and design elements as necessary for projects, within the Playwrights Horizons brand identity;
- Collaborate with Digital Content Producer on creative development of assigned projects;
- Generate storyboards and creative briefs during project development phases;
- Attend performances, on-site meetings, and other company functions as assigned; occasional evening availability is desirable;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of media production experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of video shooting and post-production including camera/audio operation, lighting, and location management.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Must have knowledge of the latest production equipment (cameras, digital/tape workflows, lighting, and editorial).
- Ability to color correct and mix audio.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects at a time.
- High storytelling and design standards and a demonstrated ability to tell compelling visual stories.
SKILLS AND KEY CHARACTERISTICS
A collaborative and inquisitive spirit, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, self-motivation, and love of the arts are essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, creative thinker looking to contribute to a high-achieving team in not-for-profit environment. You are passionate about design, innovation, and the performing arts, and the intersection thereof; and want to be involved in supporting daring artists and the development of their bold new work.
HOW TO APPLY
This position pays $25/hour.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio/reel to email@example.com with “Producer/Editor” in the subject line.