Production Manager — Playwrights Downtown
Playwrights Downtown includes Playwrights Horizons Theater School that operates in conjunction with NYU Tisch School of the Arts, and a space rental business. The Theater School trains nearly 200 undergraduate students each year in a four-year interdisciplinary program, and when not in use by the Theater School, the Rehearsal Studios rents rehearsal rooms and theater space to a broad cross-section of the not-for-profit arts community.
Administrative Director, Playwrights Downtown
- Serve as technical adviser for student projects and productions
- Orient students in safety standards and the proper use of tools and equipment
- Participate in production planning to determine necessary technical supports for all projects
- Participate in load in, technical rehearsals, and strike as needed
- Serve as liaison with NYU’s production department
- Hire and supervise production related staff
- Manage production and labor budgets
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all theatrical equipment and supplies
- Create and maintain technical documentation and inventories
- Manage the maintenance and repair of the facility
- Serve as technical liaison with theater rental clients
- Minimum 3-5 years of practical experience working in technical theater
- Interest working in an educational environment
- A thorough knowledge of materials, tools, and theatrical equipment
- Broad understanding in all aspects of technical theater including carpentry, lighting, sound, and projections
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, and perform manual labor as needed
- Ability to read and produce technical drawings in VectorWorks
- High professional standards with acute attention to details
- Night and weekend hours required
Salary and Benefits
$60,000 a year
Paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending plan; and 403b with employer match after one year of service.
This is an exempt positon
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Production Manager-PHTS in the subject line.
At Playwrights Horizons, we believe that a broad spectrum of voices enriches the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing, and to equitable and inclusive practices. The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and ability. All Playwrights Horizons facilities are fully accessible and ADA compliant.