FELLOWSHIP | APPLY | SCHOLARSHIPS | FAQ | ALUMNI
The Marketing Fellowship provides a fantastic opportunity for a young professional at the early stages of their career looking to gain hands-on experience in the activities of a fast-paced, high-achieving in-house marketing team at a leading Off-Broadway not-for-profit theater. As an integral member of a seven-person team, the Marketing Fellow will work on marketing campaigns for a full season with six annual productions by some of the most important contemporary writers in theater, as well as promotion of the institutional brand and programming. They will work closely with all members of the marketing team, as well as the general management, development, and artistic departments, supporting them with sales reporting, audience services, email marketing, database management, market research analysis, events management, social media, and more. Additional opportunities are available for professional development and work with branding initiatives for Playwrights Downtown, our growing secondary location with rental space for performance and rehearsal.
A successful candidate will have:
- exceptional verbal and written skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- experience in ticketing or box office sales
- experience with social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign
These traits are a plus, but not required:
- experience with email marketing software (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- knowledge of web design (basic HTML/CSS)
- experience with databases or CRM software
- interest or experience in paid media, SEO/SEM, Google Tag Manager and Analytics
The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, a self-starter, and highly organized. They will be interested in learning the ins and outs of marketing operations at a theater, and using analytics and reporting to tell stories and create data-driven strategies. They want to stay up to date on trends in social media or theater, and are eager to gain new skills as a growing professional. Interest in new play development and theater is a must.