CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Director of Marketing
Playwrights Horizons seeks an innovative and entrepreneurial Director of Marketing to lead and implement institutional sales and communications efforts in a time of significant organizational growth.
The Director of Marketing is the leader of the Marketing Department, responsible for planning, directing, implementing and achieving a comprehensive results-oriented and cost-effective program of marketing & communications to support the strategic mission of the organization and enhance Playwrights Horizons’ reputation locally and nationally, while building and developing audiences to support the organization’s performance season and to grow earned revenue for the organization.
The Director of Marketing’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strengthening the Playwrights Horizons brand
- Subscriber acquisition and renewal—retaining and increasing its strong customer base and attracting new audiences
- Single ticket marketing and ongoing audience development
- Direct Sales/Telemarketing
- Web/Online Communication
- Social/Digital Engagement
- Departmental management
- Special events
- Working with outside press/publicist office
- Works across departments to support, promote and build profile for fundraising efforts, working in close partnership with the Director of Development, and with the Literary department in developing and promoting audience engagement programs.
The Director of Marketing is expected to engage with and maintain a current understanding of cutting edge marketing and audience development best practices, to employ rigorous analysis to determine and continuously improve ROI show over show, program over program and year over year, and to provide regular updates in order to refine tactics to grow audiences and revenue.
Minimum five years of marketing experience. Theater or live performance marketing background preferred. Familiarity with New York City audiences a plus. Expertise in AudienceView CRM and ticketing system desirable but not required. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate a consistent track record of success in audience development and revenue generation.
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
START DATE: Interviewing to start immediately
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume and references to PH’s General Manager Carol Fishman at: cfishman@PHnyc.org. No phone calls please.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
Playwrights Horizons, an award winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate who will become an integral member of a seven-person development office.
Reporting to the Director of Development, a successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational skills, a facility for database systems and an interest in data analysis, an attention to detail and an ability to work with a variety of people in a fast-paced environment. S/he will have a demonstrated interest in a growing development career.
- Manage development databases in both Raisers' Edge (fundraising) and Audience View (ticketing)
- Assist the department in tracking and analyzing data for strategic use in fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate department mailings
- Create in house invitations for special events
- Maintain donor list for publications
- Write and generate thank you letters
- Assist development staff with organization tasks including: maintaining department calendar; simple graphic design projects; inventorying and ordering department supplies
- Assist with year-end telefundraising campaign
- Assist with various aspects of special events and projects as needed
- Conduct general research, as assigned
- Reconcile development financials with business office monthly and assist with year-end reporting to the business office
- Bachelor's degree
- Database management experience required
- Proficient on Microsoft Office and comfortable with Adobe Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work night and weekends, as needed
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Development Assistant in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Outbound Telesales Representative
Playwrights Horizons is seeking articulate, optimistic, high energy performing arts enthusiasts to help cultivate and educate patrons about our 2014-2015 Season.
Experience not necessary as training will be provided, but team members should have the willingness to succeed, motivated by competitive commissions and bonuses. An Ideal representative will be theater savvy with knowledge of New York Theater and Box Office software. Sales or phone experience is a plus.
The position is part-time, with a flexible combination of daytime and evening shifts, starting immediately.
To apply please email a cover letter and current resume to: telesalesgroup@PHnyc.org
Ongoing employment Opportunities
If you are interested in administrative staff positions, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Suzen Bria, Director of Human Resources
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to email@example.com.
Accepting applicants for positions in all Production Departments. For production-related opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Jay Janicki, Production Manager
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter via fax at
(212) 594–0296. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.