CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
JOB TITLE: Manager of Individual Giving
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager of Individual Giving is an integral part of a six member development office that raises both annual operating income and funds earmarked for capital improvements. The Manager is responsible for the continuum of individual giving, by overseeing staff working with online, direct mail, lower-level and young donor programs, as well as supervising and leading analysis, strategy, and implementation of all individual giving streams up to the highest level.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors and maintain a personal portfolio of approximately 100 donors/prospects.
- Create short and long term targeted strategies for each donor/prospect resulting in gift closures at maximum levels of support.
- Working with the Director of Development, identify planned giving, capital campaign and five and six figure major donors, creating strategies for increased giving.
- Craft effective proposals, reports, acknowledgements, and other related communications.
- Plan and execute various fundraising, cultivation and stewardship activities, including annual fundraising events and small, high-level dinners and other events.
- Oversee the budget for all individual giving events and outreach.
- Maintain current and accurate records, and run reports in Raiser's Edge database.
- Must be available nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of development experience, preferably in the performing arts.
- A minimum of two years of managerial experience with demonstrated strong managerial, leadership and communication skills.
- Proven administrative ability to lead and inspire staff in accomplishing established goals and objectives while maintaining office procedures and deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing gifts at the higher gift level.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter, a clear set of priorities, and a strong work ethic; must have the ability to adapt quickly to, plan for, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Understanding of Playwrights Horizons’ mission and the ability to be an effective spokesperson and representative.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and forecasting of budgetary needs.
- A minimum of two years of Raiser’s Edge or similar database expertise and proficiency on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Competitive salary, excellent benefits. Please email to resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Individual Giving in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls. EOE.
JOB TITLE: Season Sales Manager/ Box Office Assistant
Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to developing and presenting new work by contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists. We seek an articulate, dynamic, detail-oriented self-starter to join our marketing and sales departments. This full-time year-round staff member will manage our seasonal subscription and telefunding campaigns from approximately May through October, and then assist as a treasurer in the box office from approximately November through April, while preparing for the next subscription sales campaign.
Responsibilities include assisting with development of campaign strategies, assigning leads, and reporting on daily and weekly sales. Manager will hire and train a team of outbound telesales agents and supervise their calling shifts, providing guidance and motivation, and ensuring each agent meets sales goals and campaign benchmarks. Additional responsibilities include working on projects with the marketing department and handling ticket sales and customer service in the box office.
The position commences Mid-March with the planning of telesales and funding campaigns; it requires commitment to a full-time, flexible schedule which will include day, and occasional weekend and evening hours. Annual salary is commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits.
EXPERIENCE: An ideal candidate will be theater savvy with knowledge of New York Theater and Box Office software. Previous telesales campaign management or outbound calling experience preferred, and/or theater marketing or box office experience, ideally within a not-for-profit theatre company, cultural organization, or similar entity. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, adaptability, an ability to deliver results in a small organization, and excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to: telesalesgroup@PHnyc.org
Ongoing employment Opportunities
If you are interested in administrative staff positions, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Suzen Bria, Director of Human Resources
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to email@example.com.
Accepting applicants for positions in all Production Departments. For production-related opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Jay Janicki, Production Manager
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter via fax at
(212) 594–0296. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.