Ongoing employment Opportunities
Playwrights Horizons seeks an innovative and ambitious Communications Associate to join a dynamic and active in-house marketing team.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Associate will attract, activate, and engage a broad range of audience segments in service of the company’s mission. This core function will be accomplished through a variety of channels, including institutional publications, special events, and grassroots audience development efforts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage layout, editing, and production process of company’s performance program with vendor of record;
- Layout and design all Productions in Print / Preview Editions for PH’s Stage to Page bookshop. Oversee relationship with printer, monitor inventory, track sales (historical and current) and financials;
- Steward production of the company’s Bulletin for each production, including communications with the artistic department and individual playwrights;
- Coordinate direct mail activities for the theater’s single-show and subscription campaigns, manage relationships with printers and mail houses, generate response reports (where applicable), and liaise with the Design Director to ensure projects stay on-schedule;
- Create show-specific audience engagement campaigns and lobby activities, keeping an eye out for opportunities to expand digital engagement in concert with Manager of Digital Media;
- Execute several events for the marketing department, including 30&Under nights, Symposia, audience cultivation events, and others as directed;
- Work with external press agent to route press releases and program drafts through the organization;
- Facilitate all accessibility services for the theater, including open-captioned performances;
- Serve as a departmental resource for use of the company’s CRM database;
- With Director of Marketing, assist in niche-based and targeted marketing activities;
- Service and contribute to the branding and marketing needs of PH’s subsidiary brands – including Playwrights Horizons Theater School, 440 Studios and Ticket Central;
- Develop strategic, long-term partnerships with Neighborhood Business Council members, other local organizations, museums, community service organizations, universities, etc. in order to increase PH’s community presence;
- Work with the department to refine email communications strategy;
- Administer all list trades and rentals, as well as e-blast exchanges, through Audience 360, Enertex, and other methods.
Skills and Key Characteristics:
A friendly disposition, superior communication skills, creativity, and tech savvy are essential. Candidates should possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, be passionate about new plays, and exhibit a work style that is collegial, creative, and collaborative. A college or graduate-level degree and theater experience (1-3 years) are a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interviewing to start immediately.
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and a professional writing sample to jobs@PHnyc.org by Friday, May 29, 2015. No phone calls please.
Outbound Telesales Representative
Playwrights Horizons is seeking articulate, optimistic, high-energy performing arts enthusiasts to cultivate and retain audience members for our 2015/16 season.
No experience necessary — training will be provided — but team members should aim to succeed, motivated by competitive commissions and bonuses. An ideal representative will be theater savvy with knowledge of the New York arts community and ticketing software. Box office, sales, or phone experience is a plus.
The position is part-time, with a flexible combination of daytime and evening shifts, and will join our team in mid-May. To apply, please email a cover letter and current resume to telesalesgroup@PHnyc.org. No phone calls please.
Playwright Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
If you are interested in administrative staff positions, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Suzen Bria, Director of Human Resources
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting applicants for positions in all Production Departments. For production-related opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Jay Janicki, Production Manager
416 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
OR submit your materials via email to email@example.com.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter via fax at
(212) 594–0296. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.